Saturday, October 6, 2012

Pervy high school teachers

Ok, Tom, you asked for it.

High school was a weird time. You have to deal with your own raging hormones. And, occasionally, teachers would give you a window into what your life will be like if you don't get them under control.

Take Mr. Mayne, for instance. He was the driver's ed teacher at Rosemead, and probably taught some other things. Being a moron, I followed the standard advice for summer school and took driver's ed (known as Safety at the school) in addition to health and sex ed.

Mr. Mayne looked like an aging greaser. He had the heavily-slicked hair, the John Wayne swagger, and, if I recall, a leather jacket. (That last bit might just be my faulty memory making him conform more to type.)

Mr. Mayne would have us read and copy sections of the driver's ed book in complete silence. That's all I did, all summer. I suppose I learned something from it, and not just that yellow fluid coming out of the car is a Bad Thing.

Mr. Mayne also had a reputation - it was said he would be fond of putting girls with short skirts in the front of the class. I don't know if this is true. But I do know what I heard that summer.

We were working, and Mr. Mayne strolled out into the hallway. After a few moments, we heard a girl shout, "Mr. Mayne, stop touching my tits!"

He strolled in with a huge shit-eating grin.

Now, I don't know if he actually did touch her tits. She could've just said it to try to get him into trouble. It all happened outside the room.

But that grin and swagger creeped me out.

Oh, and yes, other teachers lost their jobs for sleeping with students, while others were smart enough to not lose their jobs. Sigh - high school.

No comments: