Saturday, July 31, 2010

Repeat after me

I will not allow isolated communications from members of my family to sabotage my self-confidence.

I will not allow others' attempts to guilt me into behavior be a prime motivator for changing behavior.

I will rise above and beyond the expectations and norms set for me by those lacking imagination and courage.

I will define my relationship with my father, and not allow, through inaction or confusion, it to be the other way around.

I will be myself, by myself if need be, but ultimately with other individuals I respect, admire, and love.

I will affirm my right to be happy until it becomes axiomatic.

I will not be permitted to be consumed by the chaos and grasping of individuals who preach but do not practice emotional maturity.

Finally, I will affirm that I am the best son that I can possibly be, and work conscientiously and consistently to make that affirmation as close to truth as possible.

(repeat in the morning, in the evening, and as often as you face difficult interactions with family)

1 comment:

Belle said...

I am too Facebook but I pressed the "like" button on Google reader. :)