Sunday, July 26, 2009

15 Books - Intro

15 Books

I decided to modify this to include part of the reasons why it made my top 15. It took a lot longer to write, but it was a helpful exercise. I've listed the 15 - subsequent posts will explain my reasoning, for those interested in the why as well as the what.

Note that these aren't the 15 best books I've read - I was actually a little torn how some of my favorite books didn't make the list, and how some less favored were no-brainer inclusions. These are the 15 books that have most shaped my life. They are in alphabetical order, largely because it's difficult to compare impact of one type with another.


15 Books

  • The 48 Laws of Power - Robert Greene
  • The American Pageant: A History of the Republic - Thomas Bailey
  • The Captain's Verses - Pablo Neruda
  • Death of A Salesman - Arthur Miller
  • The Dynamic Universe: An Introduction to Astronomy - Second Edition - Theodore P. Snow
  • Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card
  • Hamlet - William Shakespeare
  • The Holy Bible

  • Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion - Robert Cialdini



  • Partners in Command: George Marshall and Dwight Eisenhower in War and Peace - Mark Perry



  • The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde



  • Remains of the Day - Kazuo Ishiguro



  • The Waste Land and Other Poems - T.S. Eliot



  • Where the Sidewalk Ends - Shel Silverstein



  • Winnie-the-Pooh collection - A. A. Milne



No comments: