Monday, February 11, 2013

Sample of what goes on in my head

Stuff that goes on in my head

(Morning, going to pharmacy and tutoring appointment)

Gotta go pick up this medication, even though it doesn't work, because Mom will keep nagging me otherwise.

Sigh -- hope that student is ready to learn today.

Speaking of which, what do you need to learn?

I guess I could learn some more programming.

Ugh.

Do you still have that IDL book?

I bought a new one to replace my professor's.

Was he a dick that he didn't give you one outright?

I don't know. He did put his name on it. Maybe it was his?

But there were no notes inside. And you brought your own funding!

Fuck it -- I'm not revisiting this.

Well, what about programming?

Sigh... I probably do know IDL better than I think. Maybe I should pick up a good C++ book.

Do you want to teach?

Maybe. Gotta send out those CC applications.

Will they take you? You don't have any curriculum! No syllabi! No teaching experience!

Hey, fuck you. I'm supposed to be more positive now.

You know, a good course would revolve around the car.

Yeah, yeah, you've said this before.

Huh. I probably should study a bit about that. The engine could be modeled as some irreversible thermodynamic reaction.

Yeah, you need to figure out how to explicitly make the connections to other subjects.

And, uh, the, uh, steering wheel thingy--

Power steering, dumbass?

Shut up! Yeah, that. I guess you could use a rotational model involving some sort of frictional torque.

Have to be a function. A constant wouldn't work.

Yeah.

Speaking of mechanics, how about giving tensors another try?

I still don't really appreciate the difference between that and a matrix.

Yeah, that kind of makes you relatively retarded compared with other physicists.

Saul Teukolsky would say "retarded" when we were doing special relativity in Electrodynamics class.

*giggles*

Stop that! It's inappropriate.

What's inappropriate is that I'm still trying to pretend to be a physicist.

Well, until you decide to drop that mantle of legitimacy that you cling to like a chewed teat, you probably could afford to revisit them.

I still don't know how I passed GR senior year.

Or how you got an A in that fields class.

Yeah.

You know what was a good tensor? The antisymmetric tensor.

Yeah! That made cross-products a bit easier.

And Lambda, or whatever it was called, that was the four-dimensional tensor used to keep track of the sign differences when talking about time and space.

Yeah. Those were the Good Ones.

Yeah, that was before you got way in over your head with Gamma functions and other shit you didn't understand.

Again fuck you.

Cross-products? I gotta review magnetic fields.

Speaking of which, how awesome is it that Tesla's on currency?

Yeah, we'd never have a scientist on currency here.

Maybe Edison.

Exactly. Edison was an asshole.

Actually, you're assuming that based on what little you've read about Edison and Tesla.

I read enough.

Huh. Aunty referenced Washington's birthday yesterday. He was born in 1732, right?

February 22, 1732. Though it was recorded differently because they used some shitty weird Julian calendar during the Colonial era.

Yeah. Say, wasn't he put on the quarter in 1932?

Yeah. Come to think of it, Lincoln got put on in 1909, a hundred years after his birth.

What about FDR?

Not sure. And I don't know whether 1938 was a significant anniversary for Jefferson.

God, you WERE a coin nerd at one point.

Numismatist, please!

Do you think your FB friends would care enough to read about the transition on coins from Columbia to Presidents?

Do you think I care enough to research it?

Probably not. But it does look like some function whereby the time between when they were born/died and when they get their face on a coin decreases with time.

But what about Jefferson?

Oh, right. Forget about it.

Kennedy got a coin the year after his assassination.

Wonder how that was pushed through.

Oh, wait. We're here. Time to buy medicine.

(evening, going to Panera before another tutoring appointment)

Wow, that girl sitting outside is hot.

[redacted]

You're too old! Jesus.

What's the cutoff?

Berlin Wall.

What?

Die Schandmauer. Has to be born before it came down.

That's what... anyone over 24?

Yeah.

Sigh. I'm broke and out of shape, anyway.

Yes. Yes. That's why we can't have nice things. Go in, fucker.

(enters Panera)


Huh, this is the wrong entrance.

Where's the bathroom?

Huh, that's not the right one.

Damnit, that server totally thought you were awkwardly checking her out.

She was in the fucking way! Besides, I made extra sure to be looking over her head.

Are you always so self-conscious?

Shut up. Time to pee.

(Goes into restroom, pees)


Goddamn it, you didn't shake enough times!

You're not supposed to shake more than twice; otherwise you're playing with it.

Fuck that shit. You're getting older. You gotta hold and squeeze at least four times now.

Wonder if I've got prostate problems.

Fuck. Are you really gonna put this on your blog later?

Yeah, probably.

You're fucked up and an attention whore.

Thank god you're wearing black pants. Why'd you wear a suit today, anyway?

I don't know. I think I wanted to see how the haircut would look with a suit.

That's stupid. And you didn't get one.

Well, Eugene's Hair Salon was closed.

But you walked into that other place. What happened?

Well, they didn't have Time magazine.

So?

All they had was weird tattoo mags and other crap.

Wow, how classist of you.

Shut up. Besides, I thought about it, and I don't think either of the stylists there could cut Asian hair.

You're probably right. That's why you didn't go to the old Mexican guy that cusses, right?

Yeah. He cracks me up and he's cheap, but I get a few patches on the side.

That's because you've got a lumpy head.

Mom shouldn't have told me about those times I fell out of the high chair.

Make you self-conscious?

Well, what if it made a difference?

You're an idiot. Go order some food.

(gets in line)


Huh. What's that? Looks like a nameplate that says "Republic of El Salvador" on that table with those two youngish guys.

Weird. Model UN?

"Excuse me."

Oh, I'm in the way of someone carrying dishes.

Oh! She's incredibly hot!

[redacted]

I think I'm about to say something.

"Oh, sorry."

Ok. Done.

Wait!

Why am I about to say more things?

"Excuse me. Is there a Model UN going on here?"

What the hell are you doing!?

"Uh, what?"

You know what, that's probably a binder that you're viewing edgewise.

"You know, a model UN. I'm not sure myself. See that sign?"

That makes you kind of an idiot.

"What?"

"Er, never mind. I'll ask them myself."

(she smiles, and walks away)


What the hell was that shit?

Uh, I don't know.

Did you have to act like a blathering idiot in front of an attractive woman?

Does it matter that she was an attractive woman? It was weird to say anyway.

Oh, well, THAT justifies it.

Shut up. Do you care about that name tag anymore?

No. Do you?

No.

Besides, who the fuck doesn't know about Model UN? Fuck her!

You barely did it in high school, fucker. Maybe she didn't do it.

Maybe I didn't enunciate.

WHO THE FUCK CARES?

MAKE BABIES

NOT WITH HER

Ok, I'm done.

Good, because you've done enough weird shit already today.

Go sit down and write.

But I haven't bought anything yet.

Fuck it. I need to get out of this line.

No comments: