Tuesday, April 20, 2010

1000

Thanks to the readers, occasional and frequent, that helped me reach 1,000 hits. I hope you've found something worthwhile.


Some stats - eliminating pictures, I've written 241 12-font MS Word pages of text on this blog. 12,707 words. My God - this is where all the time went.

I decided to try something and do a Wordle cloud for each year to note some changes. No time right now to comment on it, but even a cursory glance indicates some interesting shifts.

2007



2008


 2009


2010

For the next 1,000, I will try to do a better job of soliciting comments from readers. Expect posts to be shorter and more, erm, interrogative.

Update: Now that I have more time to consider the content of each panel, I think it's remarkable how stable word frequency remains throughout the last three years. I talked more about "students" in 2007 and "Jesus" appears more prominently in 2010. Another insight - I use "like" and "one" too much. There are plenty of great synonyms that could replace "like", and "one" seems to suggest I try to protect my beliefs by depersonalizing them. Too many qualifiers too. Unfortunately, this very comment is replete with the words I just decried -- I'll try to make up for it later, maybe, like, one may think so.

No comments: